As a lot of you might already know, breakfast is essential to start off the day. I have a couple new year resolutions, and one of them being eating healthy. In Michigan you will have more cold months, and during these cold months, I recently found a healthy way to have my breakfast. I dug out the container of steel cut Irish oatmeal that I bought from Costco a couple of months ago. I used to eat oatmeal on a daily basis when the weather was warmer and you can get berries everywhere.
Long story short, couple days ago, I started cooking my steel cut irish oat in almond milk. I cooked it for about five minutes, add in some chia seeds. As soon as the mixture thickens up, stir in some honey and you’re good to go. I personally like to top it up with some granola with some frozen berries. Honestly, it’s so easy and it’s so so good, I have this oatmeal for snacks too.
- 1/2 cup of steel cut Irish oatmeal
- 1 cup of almond milk (or your preferred milk)
- 3 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 tbsp of raw honey
- 1/4 cup of frozen berries
- 1/4 cup of honey, almond & chia granola (or your preferred granola)
- Bring almond milk to boil, and stir in oats and chia seed.
- Simmer uncovered for about 5 to 7 minutes over low heat until thicken.
- Stir in honey, frozen berries and topped with some yummy granola.
- Enjoy your breakfast. Good morning!
Eating healthy doesn’t always need to be boring, give this a try, you might even like the taste of it.