So far most of the recipes that I have posted are winter food. If you are curious why is that, here is why, it’s still winter time in Michigan. The cold weather makes you not want to get out of bed let along your house. So the next best thing is some nice comfort food. White chicken chili is a real quick and easy dish to make especially when you are in a hurry, all you need is a big enough pot to hold all the ingredients, as well as all the ingredients listed below. They are mainly canned food, some of us might already have them on hand but not quite sure what to do with it.
- 1 pack of McCormick White Chicken Chili seasoning mix
- 2 bell peppers
- 2 pounds of chicken breasts
- 1 can of great nothern beans
- 1 can of cannellini beans
- 2 cans of whole kernel golden sweet corn
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups of chicken broth/ chicken stock
- Cut up the bell pepper and chicken into bit size pieces.
- Drained and rinse all the canned beans and sweet corn, set aside for later use. The diced tomatoes only need to be drained.
- Add olive oil in a pot and heat it over medium high heat. Add in bell peppers and the bite size chicken breasts and saute until the chicken breasts are golden brown.
- Add in McCormick White Chicken Chili seasoning mix, and saute for a minute or so. Stir in the chicken broth/ stock and simmer it for about 10 minutes.
- Add in all the beans , diced up tomatoes and sweet corn kernel, continue simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
I love to serve it with some sliced avocado on top of the soup. You could also served it with a dollop of sour cream and some tortilla chips. Enjoy a bowl to help you get through the winter.