This is a salad that was inspired by the summer time. When I was still a student in the summertime a couple of friends and I loved to head to Panera and have a light salad for lunch before we buried ourselves in our research again. We would always sit outside of the store, that’s how much we enjoyed the summer. Fuji Apple Chicken salad from Panera is the salad that I always go back to, no matter how many times I keep telling myself I need to try something else the next time I go to Panera.
Now that we are all done with graduate school, and started working in the real world. I finally realized that I can actually gather all the ingredients and make it at home especially after discovering that you can buy the Fuji apple vinaigrette dressing from Target or Meijer. It’s not only a pretty quick and easy salad to put together, it’s also super colorful and light just like the summer time.
- 1 cup of regular cabbage (shredded)
- 1 cup of purple cabbage (shredded)
- 1 cup of shredded kale
- 1 large Fuji apple (julienne)
- 1 large riped mango (diced)
- Fuji apple vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup of sesame seed
- Combined both types of cabbages, kale, apple and mango in a big dish.
- Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with dressing, toss to coat.
- Top it off with grilled chicken and some sesame seed.
Easy three steps for this light summer salad. Anybody can make this dish as long as you have all the ingredients. I guarantee you, after making it at home you will not want to spent 10 dollars for a bowl of salad again. Enjoy the colorful salad, hopefully summer is going to be here very soon.