What’s the quickest and the simpliest dish you think you can make? To me, that would be fried rice, it requires the least amount of ingredients, and the least amount of time. This dish probably took me 10 minutes to throw it all together.
I remember mom used to make fried rice when she doesn’t know what to do with the leftover white rice. Kimchi friend rice is something that I am obsessed with at the moment.
- 1 cup of Kimchi
- 1 cup of frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups of cooked white rice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- Chop up the kimchi, make sure you squeeze out the juices from the kimchi.
- Combined the juices from the Kimchi and soy sauce, set aside for later use.
- Heat oil up in a large frying pan, scramble the egg, and add in the frozen mixed vegetable.
- Add in the kimchi with the egg and frozen vegetables until the kimchi is caramelized.
- Add in the rice and stir fry with the rest of the ingredients in the frying pan.
- Finally, add in the soy sauce and the juices from Kimchi, tossing the fried rice occasionally to make sure the rice is not in clumps.
- When the friend rice is done top it up with an over easy egg.
Some of you might think that this dish would be too spicy for little kids. If that’s the case, you could reduced the amount of Kimchi being used.