Let’s talk about crêpes today. What about them? Who doesn’t like a little French pastry for breakfast? I still remember a bunch of friends and I used to head to the mall that was right behind our college to grab these delicious suckers. I don’t know why are they so addictive, or rather how. One thing I do know is, they are super easy to make. Just a couple ingredients and a blender, then we are all set to make breakfast.
Here I have a recipe that is really quick and easy. I like to prepare the batter the night before as you know I am the kind of person that gets really hungry after a good nights sleep. Breakfast is not something that I would skip, it doesn’t matter if I only have 5 minutes, I will still have a slice of toast and my cup of coffee.
In one of the conversation I had with my sister recently she mentioned that she was trying to make a crêpe cake. So this two ways crêpe came across my mind, and I thought, wouldn’t it be great if I can make these for breakfast and they only take a couple minutes? You could also make these crêpe with a savory twist if you would like. I personally prefer them with jams, nutella or cream cheese.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp of sugar in the raw
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract (you could also substitute with vanilla beans)
- 3 tablespoon of melted butter
- Butter, for coating the pan
- Combined all the ingredients in a blender, blend for 20 seconds.
- Store the crêpe batter in the refrigerator for an hour or overnight (of course I preferred overnight).
- Heat up a small non-stick pan, with some butter, just enough to coat the pan.
- Pour a ladder full of batter into the center of the pan, and swirl quickly to make sure the batter spread as evenly as possible to cover the pan.
- Cook the crêpe for about 30 seconds before flipping it.
- Cook the other side for about 20 seconds and lay it flat on a dish to let it cool before spreading the jam/ cream cheese.
I hope you guys enjoy the crêpe recipe as much as I do. Let me know if you guys have something in mind that you would me to make. I am always open to suggestions.