It had been a crazy two weeks for the both of us. We had appointment after appointment almost everyday. Now it’s finally over, we figured we could make something quick and simple for you guys. How many of us are guilty of buying granola from the store and eating it all in one day? I know I am guilty of that, every time after we do grocery shopping, I devour the entire bag in less than an hour. I put granola into my oatmeal and yogurt, and of course I snack on granola rather than candies. I searched high and low looking for a homemade granola recipe that’s quick and easy. I found a couple and I decided to combine a few of them, tweak it a little, and here is my quick and easy version.
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- 1 cup of pecans
- 1 cup of mixed dried fruits (raisins, craisins, raisins, apricot, prunes, figs)
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup of raw honey
- 1/3 cup of sweet almond oil (you could substitute this with coconut oil as well)
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 200F
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together sweet almond oil, honey, and vanilla extract before stirring in the oats, almonds, and pecans.
- Pour the mixture onto a baking tray and pat it down, so that they are evenly spread.
- Bake the mixture for 15 minutes, and remove from the oven and mix in the dried fruits and coconut flakes.
- Bake the mixture for another 5 minutes after mixing in the dried fruits and coconut flakes. (you want to make sure the mixture is golden brown.)
- Allow the granola to cool before transferring them into an airtight container.
I love to serve my granola with my oatmeal, topped it up with frozen berries or mango chunks for a delicious and healthy breakfast. I sometimes serve it with plain Greek yogurt too. Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.